The “Statutory Regulation Clarification and Consulting” services available on the Application Platform of Innovative Regulatory Sandbox (hereinafter referred to as the Platform) allows the Innovative Regulatory Sandbox Taskforce to assist the applicants in confirming with the competent statutory authority about whether or not the applicant’s business involves the application of, or conflict with any kind of laws based on the individual business plans. The Taskforce will send a letter to the competent statutory authority to request a clarification on relevant statutory issues. The applicant will receive the answers provided by the competent authority, and may determine whether to continue to promote the original business plan, or modify or change the content of the business plan to be conforming to the existing laws, at his or her discretion based on the reply.
Kind Reminder: If you have filed an application regarding statutory regulation clarification to the Financial Supervisory Commission R.O.C (FSC) and haven’t received any response, please file the application again on the Sandbox platform, along with the files required and relevant information for following procedures with the FSC.
You should understand and beware of the following matters when applying for the “Statutory Regulation Clarification and Consulting” services:
- The Service is free. No expense will be charged to the applicant.
- The Service only provides clarification and consulting on the regulations that the applicant may encounter in the course of the business activity, rather than business assistance, and does not provides other services such as monetary subsidy, or subsidy application.
- The Platform reserves the right to review and decide whether to accept the application submitted by the applicant. If the application contains any materials which violate the public order and good custom, illegal or improper content, the Platform will send a rejection notice.
- After the Platform receives the application, it might be necessary to contact the applicant to confirm the details of the application by phone, email, in-person meeting or other contact methods. If the applicant cannot cooperate in the confirmation, or leaves any part unclear, the Platform reserves the right to accept or reject the application.
- In order to expedite the entire process of the “Statutory Regulation Clarification and Consulting” services, and accurately reflect relevant question of the applicant, the Platform will modify the content or wording in the submissions as applicable after accepting a new application, and provide to the applicant to review and confirm before transmitting to the competent statutory authority, making sure that the competent statutory authority will be able to understand and clarify relevant statutory questions immediately.
- The clarification conclusions replied by the competent statutory authority does not represent the viewpoint of the Platform; the Platform does not warrant any information in the clarification conclusions replied by the competent statutory authority.
- After the competent statutory authority replies, the Platform will provide the official letter to the applicant, and the applicant can review the clarification conclusions in that letter. If the application has any further question or cannot comprehend the clarification conclusions, contact and consult with the Platform.
- The clarification conclusions replied by the competent statutory authority is for reference only. The applicant can refer to the replies when determine whether it is legal to carry on the original business plan at his or her sole discretion, but shall still assume relevant risks.